Water Heater Services in Tampa, FL
Running out of hot water can be a frustrating experience— specially when you need it the most. But don’t worry, the team of Believe Plumbing is here to fix your water heaters. When you need emergency water heater services in the Tampa Bay Area, then you can count on us. We offer 24/7 emergency water heater repairs, so you can always enjoy hot water no matters what the time of day or night it is.
You may be unsure of whether or not you need a water heater service. Here is a list of signs that will help you make the decision.
5 Signs You Need Water Heater Repair Services
- Old age – is one of the main reasons to go for water heater repair. If your water heater is more than 10 years old, then surely it needs attention now. Some heaters may last up to 15 years, but assuming they have received constant preventive maintenance.
- Noise – water heaters collect mineral deposits and sediment on the heating elements, just at the bottom of the tank. So when the waters warm up, you can easily hear cracking or popping noises. All these noises are an indication that the water heater system is working too hard, and it can cause damage to the interior of your tank.
- No Hot Water – well, if you have not hot water, then surely something is wrong. You can check your gas unit and can relight the pilot. If you have an electric heater, then check for the circuit breaker. If still problem remains the same, then you need to call the experts.
- Leaks – if you find water around the water heater unit, then you need to check for the leaks first. Check around the corners, fittings, connections, TPR valve. If no one of these is the culprit, maybe the tank itself may have developed a crack.
- Odd Smell and Taste – is water is smelling or tasting metallic, then surely the coating on the tank inside. Maybe it has started flaking out.
4 Signs You Need Water Heater Replacement Service
- Your water heater does not supply hot water constantly.
- The water coming out of tank tastes rusty or emits burning odor.
- The water heater rumbles of pops.
- Water is leaking around the water heater tank.
Some Tips On Proper Water Heater Management
- Lower the temperature setting on your water heater. The recommended water heater setting of about 115-120 degrees, it keeps your water heater from overheating and save a lot of electricity.
- Carefully inspect T&P Valve. It’s a safety valve and keeps outs the overheating.
- Perform mini-flush on your water heater system.
- Wrap your water heater system in an insulating blanket. Insulating exposed pipes can help you reduce energy consumption by decreasing heat loss.
We hope that you have gain some knowledge to help better you make a decision of whether you need a water heater service or not. If you are still unsure, give us a call at (813) 516-4486 to let our team at Believe Plumbing help you.
Don’t see your city, give us a call to find out if we serve your area.
Visit our office during business hours, or call 813-516-4486 for a Free Estimate.