Leak Detection and Repair in Tampa, FL
A leakage in the plumbing system can be the biggest trouble for your home. In worse cases, such leaks can go unnoticed for several weeks and months as well. Many homeowners identify them only after the leakage has caused major damage to the house such as cracks on the walls or water damage to the foundation. That is why it is important to diagnose and repair leaks as quickly as possible.
Signs of a water leak
Here are a few signs that will help you recognize if there is a water leak in your home:
- Sudden rise in the monthly water bills.
- The dripping sound is coming out of the home walls.
- Dark patches on the ceilings, floors and walls of the home.
- Growth of mold in your living space.
- Low water pressure in the main supply lines.
Why should you fix leaks immediately?
Homeowners should not ignore the plumbing repairs. Even if it is a minor water spot, water damage repair can become expensive quickly if left ignored. Untreated water leaks can lead to:
- When the plumbing system tubes are running behind the walls, the leaks can cause excessive moisture. It further poses major damage to the drywall and can affect structural integrity as well.
- The leaks not just stay restricted to pipelines; they can also cause serious water quality complications. The deteriorated supply can further affect shower heads, faucets and fixtures as well.
- Same as walls, the water leakage can also cause major trouble to the floors as well. Discolored floorboards and distorted tiles are some of the common problems caused by water leaks.
- Moisture in the floors and walls can also lead to mold growth that can further lead to serious health complications for the people living inside.
Self-help leak location:
When you notice the leakage in your house, before calling the plumbing service, you can do some self-assessment of the leak. First of all, turn off all the valves in the house and check if the water meter is still running. It means there is a leak in the pipe system. In case the water meter stops, chances are that leak is somewhere in the outlets. Turn each one on individually and check to see which one causes the meter to start turning.
If you’re looking for a leak detection and repair service, give us a chance to serve you. We can get the job done right and on time. At Believe Plumbing, we take pride in serving our clients with the premium plumbing services for both residential and commercial needs at highly reasonable rates. We offer 24/7 emergency leak detection and repair services, so the water leak damage can be minimized. Give us a call at (813) 516-4486 for a Free Estimate.